By Michael Lynch
This is an OCR recommended resource.
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and review necessities of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: Russia 1894-1941
Read Online or Download Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
What did it suggest to be a Soviet citizen within the Seventies and Nineteen Eighties? How do we clarify the liberalization that preceded the cave in of the USSR? this era in Soviet background is frequently depicted as stagnant with stultified associations and the oppression of socialist voters. even if, the socialist kingdom used to be now not easily an oppressive establishment that dictated find out how to reside and what to think—it additionally replied to and was once formed by way of participants’ wishes.
As perceived icons of detached marginality, ailment, indolence, and parasitism, “Gypsies” threatened the Bolsheviks’ perfect of recent Soviet males and Women. The early Soviet country feared that its Romani inhabitants suffered from a unprecedented and possibly insurmountable cultural “backwardness,” and sought to sovietize Roma via a number of nation-building initiatives.
Renaissance of Classical Allusions in modern Russian Media builds on a growing to be physique of labor pertaining to post-Soviet media tradition over the past, transformative decade. Making experience of the literary allusions in media discourse, Svitlana Malykhina reminds us that allusions can function a first-rate marker of identity—national and cultural—and can also be a fashion of negotiating the distance among what needs to be pronounced and what could be banned through censorship.
This wonderful record has been professionally switched over for exact flowing-text publication layout replica. This e-book, The Russian military - A old Transition, is meant to supply the reader with a simple creation to the Russian military and an appreciation of present advancements that might form Russia's army and its operations within the twenty first century.
- Death on the Don: The Destruction of Germany's Allies on the Eastern Front 1941-44
- Time and Revolution: Marxism and the Design of Soviet Institutions
- Stalin's Last Generation: Soviet Post-War Youth and the Emergence of Mature Socialism
- Historical Dictionary of the Russian Federation (Historical Dictionaries of Europe)
- The Industrialisation of Soviet Russia Volume 6: The Years of Progress: The Soviet Economy, 1934-1936 (Industrialization of Soviet Russia)
- Lonely Ideas: Can Russia Compete? (MIT Press)
Additional info for Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition by Michael Lynch